Tuesday, November 12, 2013

blog 15

A Conversation Standing Around a Campfire In Idaho
Did you know that in some states it is illegal to have sex.
u      /        u      /    u     /      /       u  /  u /      u   /      /
Hahaha, what do you mean its illegal to have sex?
 u / u /      u     /     u      /       u    u /   u    /      /
It's is illegal to have sex any other way than missionary position.
u    /  u /      u    /       /      u     /       u    u       u / /          u   /
Sodomy, is illegal in many of these great states.
u  /          u    u /    u    /      u     u      /         /
Gay people do sodomy. Hahahaha!
/        u  /      u      u  /       u / u /  u /
Well did you know that it is legal to shoot "Indians" still!
u        /     u     /         u  u /    /       u   /       u /           /
Hahaha! What, where?
u / u /          /         /
Here in Idaho, the law says it still.
u       u   u / /      u   /      u   /     /
It's in the books in town hall.
u     /   u     /        u    /    /
It is legal to shoot an "Indian" if your riding in a covered wagon.
u   /   /      u     /   u       u /      u    /     u /    u  u    u /         u /
Hahaha, what? If you see an "Indian" and he is shooting an arrow at you.
u / u /          /       u   /      u    u    u /     u     /   u     u /        u   u /     u   /
Well, you have to be in a covered wagon, you can still shoot 'em!
u         /      u     /   u   /   u   u /       u /          u   /       u    /        /
(Everyone turns and notices I am standing behind them, wide eyed.)
I must have forgotten my hatchet.
u    /      u     u  /          u     u /
I didn't know it was that kinda party.
u    /        u     /    u     /       u /     u /

3 comments:

  1. I thought so as well. I was there with my "gay" friend, so it went from sex, naturally to indians, hitting both genre of discrimination. We both just chalked it up and laughed. I might add we were in the ritzy "Elks addition" here in Lewiston. Funny the conversations that can be overheard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scansion is such a challenge. It really takes tons of practice. Let's look at this line: I must have forgotten my hatchet."

    I = unstressed
    must = stressed
    have = unstressed
    forgotten = unstressed stressed unstressed
    my = stressed
    hatchet = stressed unstressed

    ReplyDelete