Thursday, November 21, 2013

Blog 18 "A Blessing"

Freedom In The Blue's
Down a footpath deep into forest green, The Blue's,
Crystal waters trickle over the rounded stones of time.
The queer round sulfur eye of the mud-puppy
Burns deep into conscious memory.
Lurking in shallow rock beds
Transfixed on the pale intruder.
Stepping into aqua pura seeing more clearly
Motionless poised in terrified position.
Slowly breathing through, sullen movements of camouflage
While I stand never moving.
Silent bubbles escape from the blushing gills. Still softly breathing.
Their freedom is only temporary.
The dark crevice is their home,
In a blink of an eye, it engulfs a tadpole for it's dinner.
I want to feel the life from the savage body,
Yet the pup is still treading.
Darting from one side to other.
The pup is ruby and mud brown,
Durma smooth with flaming gill,
The softness beckons me to grasp it's thin torso
Miry smooth skin like a glistening brand new babe
Forthwith my enlightenment
If I move one muscle I will break consciousness
And I will die.











3 comments:

  1. I loved your poem! It was very descriptive and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was kind of hard to write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I appreciate the staggering amount of detail you're able to include here. Ever read Richard Hugo? He wrote a lot of fish poems. You need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete